View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Gaming Largest:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Fallout 2 Rejected childkiller   Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:56 am

The artist who drew the perk images for Fallout 2 recently revealed his deleted concept for the game's "Childkiller" status. "Even the designer who requested it realized it was a bad idea," he writes.
Yeah ... we can see why that was cut from the game and replaced instead with the "Hated" reputation icon. Just in case it's not clear to you that Vault Boy's kicking mom in the womb, that gown helpfully indicates baby's on board. I don't think you'll go to hell for laughing at this - but you will if you imagine it accompanied by a Looney Tunes kettle drum sound, like I did.
"Childkiller" was not a frivolous or even a desirable thing in Fallout 2. You got the status if you killed a kid, even accidentally, and for some characters it wasn't obvious the game considered them children. Even without offensive art this capability was too controversial for consoles, so in Fallout 3 you couldn't even attack a child character.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing words)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaminglargest.com

Fallout 2 Rejected childkiller

View previous topic View next topic Back to top